A well-established Manufacturer has an excellent opportunity for a candidate to join their Contracting Division as an Assistant Surveyor.
Our client provides a fully MCS accredited ground source heat pump installation service that fits with existing supply chains and client requirements. They can deliver a turnkey package and flexible contractual solutions.
They assume responsibility for the entire project, spanning the ground array, heat pump, and heat distribution system, including sizing, design, purchasing, installation, and management of sub-contractors across the three stages of the heat pump installation.
This is a challenging, stimulating and varied role with excellent potential for professional growth and development.
Main Purpose of Job:
- To assist the Contract Surveying team and Project Delivery Team in gathering, collating and processing information required to design ground source heating systems in compliance with MCS requirements
- Performing room by room heat loss calculations to BS EN 12831 and MCS standards; utilising site data supplied by surveyors; collating and summarising heat load data
- Performing SAP calculations to aid with ECO submissions.
- To assist the Surveying and delivery team in the production of system designs and as installed CAD drawings whilst monitoring, maintaining and updating design issue and revision status spreadsheets, along with necessary project administration
- Some travelling to active or potential sites anywhere in the country may be necessary
- To perform room by room heat loss calculations for each dwelling on a project
- Collate heat loss information into a heat loss summary for approval by Senior Contracts Surveyor
- To produce installer design schematics using CAD software and support delivery team in CAD system designs
- Calculate radiator sizes to meet agreed heat emitter ratings at design internal and flow temperatures
- Maintain and review regularly the design issues/revision spreadsheet and update
- Perform data entry and project administration required to comply with related design and installation standards
- Support project survey, delivery and sales teams with technical information and guidance
- Formal reporting of design progress to Senior Contract Surveyor and Contracts Manager on a twice monthly basis
- Experienced at using AutoCAD 2D
- Some technical understanding of Heating Systems
- Renewable Energy experience (advantageous but not essential)
- Salary between £22,000 - £26,000 DOE
- 28 days holiday including banks (Rises after 2 years)
- Company performance related pay plan
- Company Pool cars available