Our well-established client is currently recruiting for a candidate to join their Contracting Division as an Assistant Project Manager, ideally based in the North of England across the M62 Corridor.
The company assumes responsibility for the entire project, spanning the ground array, heat pump, and heat distribution system, including sizing, design, purchasing, installation, and management of sub-contractors across the three stages of the heat pump installation.
The successful Assistant Project Manager will be trained and guided in all aspects of the below job description in order to become a fully recognised Project Manager within the company.
Main Purpose of Project Manager Job:
- To assist in the supervision and management of the delivery of ground source heat pump installation projects. Liaise with householders, sub-contractors, social housing landlords and all staff to ensure everyone is aware of project schedules and fully understands the installation process and what impacts it may have on property use.
- Attend pre-contract meetings with social landlords, advise on contractual requirements, valuations and health and safety issues.
- To detail project requirements to all sub-contractors to allow them to provide detailed quotations.
- Approve new sub-contractors including making them fully aware of terms and conditions, checking their qualifications, trade body membership and insurances.
- To coordinate the timing of product deliveries and the work of the various sub-contractors and communicate this to the householders.
- To supervise sub-contractors and deal with any issues that may arise.
- Record actual site progress and produce project valuations
- Record commissioning information and verify compliance with building regs.
- To support the sales team and client with pre-order technical information and guidance.
- Knowledge of Ground Source Heat Pumps (Desirable)
- Plumbing & Heating experience
- City & Guilds, NVQ’s, Mechanical Engineering or similar qualifications
- SMSTS (Advantageous but not essential as training can be provided)
- We will consider applications from Plumbing & Heating/Heat Pump Installation Engineers who wish to take the next step in their career path
- Salary between £28,000 - £32,000 DOE
- 28 days holiday including banks (Rises after 2 years)
- Company Van
This is a Permanent role which is home/site based but will involve travelling to active or potential sites anywhere in the country.