Our client is currently seeking a Biomass Engineer to provide specialist support to their site service division. The successful Field based Biomass service Engineer will need to hold a full driving license.
As a Biomass Engineer you will have hands on responsibility to provide specialist on site knowledge to service and repair Biomass Boilers, fuel feed systems and associated equipment, ensuring projects are delivered on time. This includes breakdown cover, scheduled servicing and operational support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Servicing, fault finding and repair of Industrial, Commercial & Domestic biomass boilers
- Carry out service and maintenance works associated to commercial biomass boilers
- To understand, complete and submit all work related paperwork clearly and on time.
- Be able to overcome onsite issues, by using your experience and knowledge.
- Continue to develop and maintain supporting documents to assist with the role
- Carry out work in a safe and diligent manner.
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate a positive attitude.
- To fully participate in regular training and development reviews with line management, tutors and HR representatives.
- Knowledge of Commercial/Industrial Biomass boilers
- Advantageous but not essential, experience with Froling and ETA biomass boiler manufacturers
- Experience of Fault finding
- Combustion experience and knowledge
- Previous experience of installing, servicing OR commissioning large Biomass or machinery systems is advantageous
- Multi skilled engineer with recognised mechanical or electrical qualification
- Basic understanding of PLC control systems – updating software, adjustment of parameters using HMI/ controller
- An understanding of heating systems and associated pumps/ valves/ safety requirements
- Experience of biomass systems, different manufactures of biomass boilers and combustion controls is a distinct advantage
- Electrical fault finding to board / component level
- Mechanical fault finding and repair
- IT skills – Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
- Good customer skills and communication
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Advantageous but not essential:
- Commissioning experience
- Basic welding skills
- Basic plumbing/ pipefitting (fitting minor components such as gauges, sensor pockets, valve body, safety valves)
- Experience with Froling and ETA biomass boiler manufacturers
- Experience with Herz, Binder, Hargassener, Heizomat, HDG, KWB Abi
- Salary £29,000 – £35,000 (Plus overtime including travel time – door to door)
- Pension after probationary period
- Company vehicle
- Mobile Phone
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays