Our client, a leading Electrical Contractor, is currently seeking a Commercial/Industrial Electrician to provide both planned and reactive maintenance across various Quarries in the North Wales Region.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an established Electrical Engineer to join a progressive company who can offer job security and a competitive salary.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a commercial or Industrial environment and possess excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong client relationships and supervise other staff members.
Electrical inspection, fault-finding and diagnose issues on existing systems and equipment. To carry out new electrical installations to company standards and uphold high levels of safety and complying with codes and regulations. To provide supervision of other electricians, sub-contractors and apprentices.
- General Planned Preventative Maintenance and site installations as requested at two Shropshire Quarries or other sites as directed
- Respond to call outs for plant / control panel faults and breakdowns
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems in commercial electrical systems, control panels and machinery, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring
- Work alone on occasions to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction or supervision
- To understand and follow working drawings and specifications
- To understand the scope of works required, follow instructions and to carry out works safely, efficiently, sequentially all to a very high standard
- Assess the parts needed for a job and when instructed, organise for those parts to be purchased
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with current legislation and follows safety requirements
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions
- Complete work instruction forms, time sheets and test certification correctly and in a timely manner
- Attend design team meetings
- Liaise with client representatives
- To follow risk assessments and method statements (RAMS)
- To supervise a team of operatives, sub-contractors and apprentices, ensuring they carry out works in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure all works on the job are carried out in a safe, compliant and efficient manner.
Skills / Experienced required:
- Wide range of technical skills and experience in a variety of complex projects demonstrating organisational ability and practical site supervisory skills
- Electrical qualifications such as C&G’s 2391, NVQ’s, or similar
- Current Wiring Regs
- Electrical Machinery/Industrial experience
- Experience of both single phase and 3 phase systems
- Have knowledge of the most economical and effective layout of electrical installations
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and technical drawings,
- Full Driving Licence
- Basic knowledge of PLCs
- Salary circa £33,000 (will negotiate for the right candidate)
- Statutory Pension – in line with legislation
- 22 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Own transport required
- Plant, test equipment, specific equipment supplied, hand tools not supplied
- Hours of work Monday to Friday 5am to 1.30pm