Our well-established client has an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join their Contracting Division as a Contracts Manager, ideally based in the North of England.
The Company assumes responsibility for the entire project, spanning the ground array, heat pump, and heat distribution system, including sizing, design, purchasing, installation, and management of sub-contractors across the three stages of the heat pump installation.
Main Purpose of Job:
- To manage regional delivery of ground source heat pump installation projects.
- To manage and support the Regional Project Management Team through site visits, HS reviews, quality checks and site/office held meetings
- Liaise with social housing landlords, New build developers and relevant company staff
Attend pre-contract meetings with social landlords and new build developers, advise on contractual requirements, valuations and health and safety issues. Support Project managers in Preparing construction phase plans including risk assessments and health and safety policies. Ensure all site operatives and staff adhere to health and safety requirements and processes through regular HSE audits and site meetings
The successful Contracts Manager will be dealing with Clients, social housing landlords, construction companies, social housing tenants, distributors, installers, suppliers and colleagues.
- To Manage, supervise and train project managers, assistant project managers and site supervisors.
- To detail project requirements to Project Management Team to allow them to provide detailed Scopes, schedules and HSE documentation.
- Monitor and support Project Management teams in the selection of appropriate sub-contractors/suppliers
- Approve new sub-contractors/offer training
- Produce a detailed project schedule, construction phase plan and risk assessments
- Recording site progress and project valuations
- Produce monthly performance reports
- Attend Pre-Contract meetings
- HSE audits and site meetings
- Experience of managing multiple sites/contracts at any one time
- Experience of managing a team of Engineers/Sub-Contractors/Project Managers
- Knowledge of Ground Source Heat Pumps (Desirable)
- Consideration is given to Project Managers looking to move into a Contracts Management role
- Knowledge of district heating systems
- Mechanically biased with relevant qualifications (Advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills
- Salary Circa £40,000 DOE plus bonus’
- 28 days holiday including banks (Rises after 2 years)
- Company performance related pay plan
- Company Vehicle
This is a Permanent role which is home based but will involve travelling to active or potential sites anywhere in the country.