Our well established and professional Global Client has an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their team.
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of high-technology heating products, combustion systems (Gas and Oil) for Commercial and Industrial use (boilers, ovens, furnaces etc)
It operates through a network of companies and distributors around the world, all well established in their own right and leaders in their respective product areas.
Electrical Design Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Part of a small team of 2 x design engineers
- Reporting to the Design Office Manager
- Creating and modifying existing electrical control panel designs to meet customer orders for Combustion systems including combustion air fans and motors
- Control Panel Designs will be based on proprietary combustion programmers (eg. Siemens, Honeywell) which control and monitor the burner safe start up and operation
- Electrical ladder type designs created using AutoCAD Lite
- Create or modify bills of materials for manufacturing
- Experience with the use / programming of PLC and VSD units an advantage but not essential
- Maintain documentation including; drawing register, electrical designs on CAD, Drawing Design request forms, item creation forms.
- Provide Support to manufacturing staff, sales staff, contractors and customers as requested.
- Managing and liaising with contractors and suppliers
- Site meetings as requested
- Preparation of manuals and information documents
The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated person, able to work under their own initiative and with some experience with industrial control panels. The role would ideally suit someone with a manufacturing background but this is not essential.
The Electrical Design Engineer is required to perform well under pressure and will handle a variety of projects from start to finish.
The ideal Electrical Design Engineer will possess:
- Microsoft applications
- Full Driving Licence as travel may be required between site and office
- Basic Salary Circa £30K - £35K
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days annual leave
- 37.5 hours p/w
- Death in service