Our client is a leading independent plastics and rubber specialist organisation, providing testing and consultancy services for polymer-related industries.
This represents an excellent opportunity for a skilled Carpenter/Fabric Engineer who can also offer some basic Plumbing OR Electrical experience to join a company who offer a great working environment with excellent benefits.
You will be site based and have good general experience of working to PPM’s and Reactive maintenance issues around the site. You will be able to fully carry out a multitude of tasks including door hanging/adjusting (including fire doors), patch plastering, flooring, tiling and general fabric maintenance around the plant facility.
- Carry out all Site PPM’s / Reactive Maintenance schedules
- Managing Contractors on site (welcoming contractors, managing safety checks, gathering quotes, discussing pricing)
- H&S Checks
- Liaising with external sub-contractors
- Planning of daily maintenance activities
- Record all activities on company database
- Undertake necessary Risk Assessments
- City & Guilds/NVQ’s in Carpentry or Plumbing or Electrical
- FLT Licence (Desirable but not essential as training can be provided)
- Multi-skilled experience within a similar role
- Experience of undertaking Risk Assessments
- Computer literate
- Competitive Salary
- Mon – Thursday start time between 8am to 9am and finish time between 4.45pm to 5.45pm, Friday start time between 8am to 9am and finish time between 12.30pm to 1.30pm (37.5 hour week). Flexible start/finish times.
- Company Pension
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance (after probation)