This represents a fantastic opportunity for a Grant Administrator to join a well-established Manufacturer of Heat Pumps based in Truro, Cornwall.
Working in the Contracting Division, the main Purpose of the role:
- Liaise with employees including the project development team and the Contracting Project Managers
- To track project expenditure including collation of internal timesheets, travel and subsistence costs and sub-contractor invoices.
- Prepare regular subsidy support claims and ensure all supporting evidence is supplied to allow claims to be approved and paid out in a timely manner.
- Quickly and efficiently reply to any requests for further evidence, clarification and any queries raised by the grant awarding body.
- Report development progress, expenditure and forecast expenditure to the finance team, project partner teams, and other stakeholders including BEIS and Ofgem. This will include attendance at regular project meetings with partners.
- Attend conference and dissemination events to promote the business, the progress and results of this project.
- Monitor progress of the development
- Keep track of employee timesheets, costs and overheads to track project expenditure.
- Collate and track sub-contractor invoices and expenditure
- Prepare grant funding claims along with all required supporting evidence.
- Report on progress, financial spend and financial projections to the board, project partners, investors
- To develop expert knowledge of the reporting and financial claim requirements of the grant award
- Thorough and methodical approach to gathering data from various sources.
- Be reliable, punctual and structure their own schedules to meet deadlines
Good communication skills are vital
- Proactive approach to partner relationship management
- Manage workload and priorities responses accordingly
- To undertake training and to assist in training other members of staff as required.
- To actively and positively contribute to any appraisal process and to follow up agreed actions.
- The successful individual will hold strong communication and IT skills (written and verbal) alongside the ability to manage their time effectively in conjunction with the capacity to multi-task and work to deadlines while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Good numeracy skills, including the ability to produce statistical data and interpret financial information
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proactive, friendly and flexible approach
- The ability to respond to queries with speed and accuracy
- Able to plan, prioritise and manage own workload, dealing with a variety of tasks and a demanding workload, at times under pressure
- Motivated to achieve high standards of accuracy and excellent attention
- Prince 2 qualification (Advantageous)
- Accounting experience or qualifications (Advantageous)
- Ability to manipulate data and integrate utilising formulas
- ERDF Project experience (Advantageous)
- Experience with Funding, claims for cash, collecting invoicing, tracking grant claims, projections
- £28,000 - £32,000 depending on experience
- 20 days holiday plus banks which increases after 2 years’ service
- Hours of work – (40 hours) Monday – Friday
- Contributory Pensions scheme
- Pool Car available for use