Our client is a local Building Services consultancy who specialise in providing the full range of M&E services expected for all traditional Design and specification of projects but also with the added expertise of Low Carbon Engineering and Renewable Energy Technologies.
With over 40 years of experience this is a great opportunity for a qualified HVAC Mechanical Design Engineer to join a well-established business and be part of an exciting team of Engineers.
This represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate to have the flexibility of working from home 4 days a week and 1 day a week to attend meetings at our client's Shrewsbury office.
The successful HVAC Design Engineer will be working collaboratively within the design team, highlighting options, helping to guide the design development and using your expertise to help make key decisions. The Building Services Design Engineer assists in specification, designing and directing Building Services and Energy projects through close liaison with the client/end users.
You may be an experienced Senior Design Engineer or at Intermediate Level but ideally you will have worked within a similar role for a Building Services Consultancy or directly for a Main Contractor/M&E contractor.
Experience required in some or all of the below:
- Building Services HVAC system design
- Air quality
- Renewable Energy technologies
- Environmental assessment methods (e.g. BREEAM and LEED)
- Ability to speak confidently with clients during design meetings
- HVAC Design experience for projects up to Circa £5M
- Happy to work as part of a small team
- Experience with IES and ability to build thermal models for L2A / L2B compliance
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Minimum of HNC in Building Services / Mechanical Engineering
- Expert in computer operation for engineering design programs and AutoCAD 2D
- Modify reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules
- Makes calculations, using engineering formulas and skills for design.
- General knowledge of system design within M&E sectors
- Salary – up to £40,000 DOE
- Annual leave – 25 days increasing with service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
We invite applications from candidates within the Building Services/HVAC/Renewable Energy sectors.