Our client, a global specialist in power electronics technology are seeking an Innovation Engineer to be based in Newtown Powys.
A highly successful high-tech electromechanical organization that deliver world-class motor control variable speed drives and power conversion technologies that are used in industry, commerce and renewable energy schemes. Their innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customers’ machines and processes
The successful candidate will develop and bring in new technologies including automation to help push and make productivity improvements.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Introduction of new technologies in the production environment within both PCB and Module Plant.
- Looking at new technologies within the process to make improvements and to help with throughput and growth.
- Facilitate the creation of procedures to encourage a safer working environment. Think Safe!
- Mentor the team and inspire experimentation.
- Facilitate and encourage training.
- Established as a technology leader, working closely in cross functional teams and encompassing different technologies into solutions.
- Nurture and encourage innovative ideas to problem solving, empower the team with the current line of thinking to produce the most cost effective solutions.
- Moving on with new ideas to help find solutions with the emphasis on how can technology or a new creative method help make improvements.
- Vendor Management – being the face of the company to external suppliers.
- Keen on experimenting and implementing new technologies.
- Maximum flexibility in terms of working hours and international travel.
Qualifications, Experience and profile:
- At minimum must hold a HND/HNC in an Engineering capacity.
- Minimum of 5 years working as a process engineer, with an emphasis of leading teams.
- Please quote your current/last salary on your Covering letter / email
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits package
- Our client can offer full development including Chartered Engineer status