Our client, a global specialist in power electronics technology are seeking a Paralegal / Compliance Assistant to be based at Newtown, Powys.
A highly successful high-tech electromechanical organization that deliver world-class motor control variable speed drives and power conversion technologies that are used in industry, commerce and renewable energy schemes. Their innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customers’ machines and processes
- Perform research on applicable laws and regulations
- Collect and organise data and paperwork for Legal Department members
- Keeps files organised and up to date in paper and/or electronic format
- Maintain Legal Department intranet site
- Draft and prepare basic legal documents, such as standard or simple contracts as well as presentations
- Communicate with internal and external parties
- Attend to basic clerical tasks, such as arranging meetings, photocopying, making and receiving phone calls, and written correspondence
- Assist Legal Services Director with compliance matters, including the implementation of policies and procedures, training of employees, review of due diligence data, data privacy assessments.
Bachelor’s degree in law or business administration or similar.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ease with handling large workloads under time constraints
Sound knowledge of law and legal system, strong organisational skills, research skills, interpersonal skills, high level of discretion, detail-oriented
Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point), ability to prioritise.
Language skills would be an advantage.