A&D Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with a well-established family run Shrewsbury based company. They are currently recruiting for a Payroll Administrator.
A reputable family run organisation, with a strong history based in Shrewsbury.
We are looking for an experienced and Payroll professional to work closely with the Accounts Manager to deal with the Payroll and HR matters.
The successful candidate will have overall accountability for ensuring that the Human Resources and Health & Safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Checking and processing timesheets for circa 68 staff and running the weekly payroll (using Payroll Manager 100) in house from start to finish (including RTI, PAYE, P45/P60's, Statutory Sick and Maternity/Paternity Pay).
- Responsible for the company Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme in line with legislation.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for advising and supporting the management in relation to the following (full training will be given):
- Maintaining adequate HR Policies and Procedures in line with best practice.
- Conducting "Right to work in the UK" checks for all new starters.
- Capabilities, policies, absence, disciplinary and grievance matters, maternity provisions, pay and employment law etc.
- Carrying out staff inductions.
- Ensuring the organisation is operated in compliance with UK regulatory employee legislation.
- Reviewing and ensuring Health and Safety systems are in place.
- Assisting the Accounts Manager with Sales Ledger, Purchase ledger and General office duties as and when needed.
- Payroll experience is essential
- An understanding of HR and Health & Safety in the workplace is beneficial, however not essential as full training will be given.
- Demonstrable organisational and administration skills
- Must be able to work as part of a small team aswell as being able to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills, with an ability to liaise between all different levels of the business
- Must be confident in using Microsoft Excel.
- Hours of work – Monday to Friday 9am to 2pm (flexibility is needed for covering holidays)
- Hourly wage - £9.80 per hour
- Modern offices with onsite parking
- Temporary to permanent role.