Our well-established client is currently recruiting for a candidate to join their Contracting Division as a Project Manager, ideally based in the North of England.
The company assumes responsibility for the entire project, spanning the ground array, heat pump, and heat distribution system, including sizing, design, purchasing, installation, and management of sub-contractors across the three stages of the heat pump installation.
Main Purpose of Job:
- To supervise and manage delivery of ground source heat pump installation projects. Liaise with householders, sub-contractors, social housing landlords and all staff to ensure everyone is aware of project schedules and fully understands the installation process and what impacts it may have on property use.
- Attend pre-contract meetings with social landlords, advise on contractual requirements, valuations and health and safety issues.
The successful Project Manager will be dealing with Clients, social housing landlords, construction companies, social housing tenants, distributors, installers and suppliers.
- To detail project requirements to all sub-contractors to allow them to provide detailed quotations.
- Approve new sub-contractors including making them fully aware of terms and conditions, checking their qualifications, trade body membership and insurances.
- To coordinate the timing of product deliveries and the work of the various sub-contractors and communicate this to the householders.
- To supervise sub-contractors and deal with any issues that may arise.
- Record actual site progress and produce project valuations
- Record commissioning information and verify compliance with building regs.
- To support the sales team and client with pre-order technical information and guidance.
- Experience of either Installing or Managing Plumbing & Heating systems/Projects
- Knowledge of Ground Source Heat Pumps (Desirable)
- City & Guilds, NVQ’s, Mechanical Engineering or similar qualifications
- We will consider applications from Lead Engineers who wish to take the next step in their career
- Salary between Circa £34,000 DOE plus bonus’
- 28 days holiday including banks (Rises after 2 years)
- Company performance related pay plan
- Company Van
This is a Permanent role which is home based but will involve travelling to active or potential sites anywhere in the country.