Our client, a highly reputable Renewable Energy company based in the North East have a great opportunity for a Lead Engineer / Heat Pump Project Manager to join their team. Our client offer Design, Supply, Installation, Commissioning and Service & Maintenance for Commercial, Industrial, Bespoke and large private clients that include Ground Source Heat Pump District Heating Schemes and various commercial / Industrial projects mainly around the North of England and Scotland.
The successful Lead Heat Pump Engineer / Project Manager will have overall responsibility for the planning, management and coordination of project delivery. Responsible for ensuring that projects are completed on time, to quality standards and within budget. This is a great role for someone who is looking to take on more responsibility that also has the hands-on skills required to assist with installations and servicing.
Key Responsibilities of the Heat Pump Project Manager:
- Manage suppliers and subcontractors
- On site project management of materials, sub contractors, site meetings etc
- Ensure projects meet industry quality and agreed standards
- Site-specific Health and Safety
- Report on a weekly basis on project performance
- Assisting in the installation and service operations
- Managing people including staff members and sub-contractors
- Willing to learn the operation of new equipment (Bio Gas Factory)
- May occasionally be on call
- Willing to do overtime in order to meet deadlines on Projects.
Experience & Skills required:
- Experience of working in a similar role, preferably involving Commercial/Industrial size Ground Source Heat Pumps
- A Mechanical or Electrical background
- Air Source Heat Pump or Biomass experience would also be considered
- Initiative and ability to resolve onsite problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Full driving licence
- CSCS Card
Package: Circa £35K – £40K DOE, Company vehicle