Our client design, manufacture and install high quality canopies, shade sail and cycle storage structures, systems and solutions for every type of public building but focuses on schools. This family run business is highly regarded within the industry for efficiency, integrity and reliability and over 40 years has developed a close working relationship with Local Authorities, Architects, Schools, Builders and Property Managers across the region.
The Role - Purchase Ledger Clerk
Reporting to the Financial Controller or Accountant, they are fully accountable for the whole purchase ledger process, from purchase orders through to invoices and reconciliation. They provide an indispensable service to the finance team, underpinning the wider financial stability of the business through their robust processes and systems.
The main duties of the Purchase Ledger Clerk will include matching and coding invoices, preparing and running BACS payments, reconciling supplier statements and working out VAT payments.
The role of a Purchase Ledger Clerk will be to to provide a professional and efficient service to the finance function, monitoring how much is owed at all times and providing accurate financial information to the MD if/as needed.
Outlined below are a number of standard duties that this job role does/could entail.
- Matching, checking and coding invoices
- Working out VAT payments
- Making payments via BACS
- Processing staff expenses
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Filing invoices
- Managing petty cash
- Data entry
- Being first point of contact for all relevant enquiries
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers and suppliers
- Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good working Knowledge of SAGE essential
- Highly proficient in maths, with outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrable past experience in a an accounts role
- Solid understanding of key accountancy principles and processes
- First-rate numerical skills, alongside excellent Excel skills
- Hard-working, proactive, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and an ability to work to deadlines
- Strong inter-personal skills, being confident working with individuals across the team and wider business
- Preferably at least part qualified with AAT, CIMA or ACCA (but not essential).
The right candidate will quickly move onto sales ledger duties and potentially other finance related tasks according to aptitude.
- Flexible part time working hours – 1-2 days per week (or series of half days)
- A very pleasant working environment
- Good rates of pay
- This is a temporary to permanent role.