Our client is looking to recruit an ambitious sales professional, hungry for success in their next career step.
The company are looking to recruit an office based sales professional who excels at engaging with clients on the telephone to impart confidence, become a trusted advisor and close the sale.
It will be your role to contact potential new clients (this is a 100% new business role) who have placed enquiries open their minds to solutions, obtain all the required information including budgets, stakeholders, timelines, competitors and decision making processes and obtain commitment to the next stage.
You will work with the estimating department to have proposals drawn up and priced making sure that the proposed solution closely matches the requirement discussed. An ability to explain verbally and in persuasive writing why our solution is the right one will be essential.
You will then use your sales skills to ensure that our client is never just being compared as 'one out of three quotations’ but will join your potential client every step of the way in a mutual journey toward closing the order.
Our client’s products are not highly technical but an ability to understand and remember materials, finishes, lead times, maximum sizes and such like will be essential.
Experience and Personal Attributes required:
- A desire to close orders and hit targets will be essential.
- A proven track record in sales/technical sales
- A willingness to prospect for new business
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Formal training in sales/telephone sales will be desirable
- Willingness to go the extra mile to hit targets
- Competence in Microsoft Office
- An ability and willingness to learn our clients CRM system thoroughly.
- Punctual, trustworthy and reliable
- An excellent telephone manner
- A methodical, analytical and conscientious approach
- Excellent self-management and planning skills
There is future potential for the right candidate to progress into a management role where you would have part in developing sales and marketing strategy and leading other team members in lead generation, sales and estimating.
In return our client offers:
- Flexible working hours (part or full time to suit the candidate)
- Option for extended holiday allowance (to suit school holiday periods) if desired to suit the candidate
- A very pleasant working environment
- Salary circa £28k per annum, negotiable according to experience, training etc.
- Performance related team bonus
- Telephone interview
- Face to Face interview
- Trial Day for the shortlisted candidate