Our client is currently seeking an Underground Mapping Technician who will provide Underground Utility Mapping surveys for their well established business that provides an integrated survey and data management service to the engineering, built infrastructure and environmental sectors.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Underground Utility Surveyor to work within our clients multi-disciplined team delivering the following services:
- Site Surveys – Utilities and Topographical
It is envisaged that the successful Utility / Mapping Surveyor would ideally have at least 3 years of relevant surveying experience and hold a valid CSCS card. Although, training can be provided for the right candidate from certain backgrounds such as Electrical Engineering, Archaeological or Land Surveying.
It would be beneficial, but not essential, for the candidate to have an NVQ Level 2 qualification although our client will provide training if required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Tracing underground utilities in all environments, including challenging urban areas.
- Using Radio-detection equipment including RD8000
- Able to acquire GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) data
- Complete Desktop Studies – PAS Survey Type D, including ordering statutory service records from utility providers
- Working both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills to include good knowledge of measurement error
- Strong communication skills
- Strong IT skill set to include AutoCAD, survey post-processing software and MSOffice
The candidate would be expected to work both in the field, away from home, and in the office.
A full UK driving licence is required and a vehicle would be provided for transport to and from survey sites.
- Salary £25,000 - £40,000
- Pension after probationary period
- 25 days holiday plus banks